Thursday, February 10, 2011

Emma's Recipe For Soup

Here is my 13-year-old daughter's recipe for a vegetarian soup she made this evening. My daughter has this....ahhhhh....talent for literally rooting around the pantry, cupboards and refrigerator and mixing together these impossible ingredients to produce something very tasty. This morning she made herself a breakfast sandwich using a vegetarian sausage patty, a "secret" sauce and pickles. Tonight, she decided to make everyone soup. Sometimes its better not to know the names of the ingredients. She couldn't come up with a name for it, so I'll leave that one up to you. It tastes a lot like chicken tortilla soup, but without chicken. After I tasted it, I was so impressed with the results, as schizophrenic as they were, that I had to write down the recipe. Here's what she told me:

2 cans of vegetarian chili;
1 can of refried beans;
Chili powder (Me: How much? Her: I don't know.);
"Fake" beef broth;
3 "fake" sausage patties;
Dried instant onions;
Cheddar cheese, grated (approximately 1/2 cup);
"Lots" of corn;
A "lot" of milk (no water);
I cut up an avocado and threw it in.

I'd show you a picture of the soup in a pretty Mexican bowl with a sprig of cilantro, but I already ate the soup before I thought of the idea.  Some people may think it's easier to buy pre-prepared packaged foods. It's much better to have a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment